Monday, May 14, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?



 
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

READ LAST WEEK
I didn't finish anything last week! I'm already 6 books behind in my challenge of reading 42 books this year. It doesn't look good. I still love to read once I sit down and focus on it, but usually I end up doing other things instead of reading. Clearly I need to sort out my priorities.

CURRENTLY READING
I've almost finished Hounded by Kevin Hearne, the first in the Iron Druid Chronicles, and I absolutely love it. Irish mythology isn't something I knew much about beforehand, and it's very interesting to read about other beings than vampires and werewolfes (though these do feature as well). Also, it's witty and action-packed and I'm already looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Technically I'm also reading Les Miserables (abridged version in Norwegian), but I put it aside to concentrate on Hounded. Try as I might, I never seem to be able to alternate between two books. I always end up putting one aside until I've finished the other.

WHAT'S NEXT
I think it will be Her Majesty's Will by David Blixt that I received for review through NetGalley. It's a historical mystery with William Shakespeare as a spy - sounds intriguing!

What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I had a slow week last week, too. It seems quite a few people did.

Hope you enjoy your books this week.
Kristin @ Always With a Book

TP said...

Same here with a slow reading week. Here's hoping life will stop getting in the way soon :-)

Tanya
Girlxoxo.com

Lindsey said...

Her Majesty's Will sounds fun. Shakespeare is such a fascinating character, isn't he??

Related Posts with Thumbnails