Thursday, August 16, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - Emotions


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

This week's question is:

What is the most emotional read you have ever had?

 

The most recent ones would be A Scottish Ferry Tale and Scotland By Starlight by Nancy Volkers. These two books made me feel so many different things all at once. They made me hopeful, optimistic, angry, satisfied, yearning, peaceful, sad, even devastated (particularly the latter book; tears were still streaming down my face hours after finishing it), but most of all they made me happy. The kind of happy that makes your heart swell and makes you all warm and tingly inside; the kind of happy that makes you think the world is good and true love really does exist. The very best kind of happy. I don't remember any other books making me feel quite like these two wonderful books did.

3 comments:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I haven't heard of this author before but it's great learning about new ones. Here's my BTT

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm going to have to check these out! Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

Anonymous said...

I like that kind of feeling at the end of a book, it's like Christmas. And it's so much more delicious when you have to go through an entire gamut of emotions to get there. This is definitely going on my list. :)

Here's my response: Five books that punch you in the heart

Related Posts with Thumbnails