Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Own the Most


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's TTT topis is:

Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From

Note: I'm not counting my e-books here, because they are terribly disorganised and I have no overview of them. Also, these are mostly going to be series.


1. Clive Cussler (23 books)
The entire Dirk Pitt series, including Dirk Pitt Revealed.
I haven't read the last 8 books in the series, but I've been collecting the series for so long now that I can't stop buying the new ones as they come out.

2. Neil Gaiman (10 books)
American Gods, Anansi Boys, Fragile Things, Smoke and Mirrors, Neverwhere, Stardust, Coraline & Other Stories, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, The Graveyard Book, Good Omens
Gaiman is one of my all-time favourite authors and I'm slowly collecting all of his books.

3. Rosamunde Pilcher (10 books)
Winter Solstice, The Shell Seekers, Sleeping Tiger, The Empty House, The Blue Bedroom and Other Stories, bind-up of Voices in Summer and The Carousel, bind-up of Snow in April, Wild Mountain Thyme and Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories
Pilcher is my go-to author for comfort books. I've recently started collecting the new editions of all her books, because the ones I have don't match at all, and the new ones are so pretty.

4. Scott Mariani (9 books)
The complete Ben Hope series (I also have the 2 e-novellas).

5. J.K. Rowling (8 books)
The Harry Potter series + The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

6. Cornelia Funke (6 books)
Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath, Reckless, Dragon Rider, The Thief Lord
I adore Funke's books; they're full of magic and adventure. I'm particularly fond of my editions of the Inkheart trilogy, as you may have seen on the blog lately. :)

7. Jostein Gaarder (6 books)
Sophie's World, The Solitaire Mystery, The Orange Girl, The Christmas Mystery, The Ringmaster's Daughter, Through a Glass Darkly
Gaarder has been my favourite author for many years, and these are still some of my very favourite books.

8. Richard Hammond (5 books)
On the Edge: My Story, Or Is That Just Me?, As You Do, On the Road: Growing Up in 8 Journeys, A Short History of Caravans in the UK
Hammond is a cutie-pie, and his autobiographies are very entertaining.

9. Philippa Gregory (4 books)
The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance, The Queen's Fool, The Virgin's Lover

10. Catherine Fisher (4 books)
Incarceron, Sapphique, The Obsidian Mirror, The Box of Red Brocade

For 4 books I could also have mentioned J.R.R. Tolkien, Tamara McKinley, Diana Wynne Jones, Douglas Adams, and probably a few others. Then of course I own a lot of old Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene, but I don't know exactly how many, and since Keene technically is several authors, I decided to leave her out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails