This week's topic is
Top Ten Books I'm Excited To Read In 2012
After a long period of not reading or blogging last year I have finally found my love for reading again, and I've already started making lists and lining up books. I'm excited about a lot of books this year, but most of them are books I've had on my shelf for a long time and which I now really want to read. But I'm excited about some new releases too, so here's my list of books I can't wait to read this year.
1) From the Logs of Bacon Frogs by Christine Bell (working title)
I've mentioned The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale before, and it turned out to be one of the best books I read in 2011. Christine is working on the sequel, and I really hope it will be out this year because I can't wait to read it!
2) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
This will be the year I finish the Harry Potter series. I swear.
3) Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch
After delay upon delay it looks like the third book in the Gentleman Bastard sequence will finally be released, and even though I haven't read book 2 yet, I just know this will be good (after all that waiting it has to be!).
4) Scotland by Starlight by Nancy Volkers
Another sequel to another favourite. I didn't get a chance to read it last year, but I want to return to beautiful Scotland as soon as possible.
5) Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick
This fantasy novel sounds very promising.
6) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
This one has been on my radar since it was released, and I think it might be right up my alley. Sounds perfect for dark winter nights.
7) Bon Jovi: When We Were Beautiful
I bought the hardcover edition as a Christmas present to myself because I'm a huge fan of Bon Jovi, and I can't wait to delve into the story of the band (and drool over gorgeous pictures).
8) Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn
I read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares over Christmas and loved it, so I can't wait to read more form these two authors.
9) Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton
10) Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones
I've heard only good things about her books and I bought this one because I loved the cover.
What books are you excited to read in 2012?