Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Top Ten Tuesday - Books I'm Dying To Read
This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I'm Dying To Read
Note: This list is subject to change. Perhaps even tomorrow.
1. The Hot Rock by Donald E. Westlake
A master thief, a reluctant heist and an emerald with a sense of humour. It's gotta be good.
2. Bad Debts by Peter Temple
An Australian crime thriller that won the Ned Kelly Award for Best First Novel in 1997.
3. Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch
The sequel to The Lies of Locke Lamora, which I absolutely adored. I hope this second book in the Gentleman Bastard Sequence is as good as the first.
4. Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton
I love pirates, but I've never actually read a pirate novel. This sounds like a lot of swashbuckling fun (BTW, "swashbuckling" is definitely a word that should have made my Top Ten list last Tuesday).
5. The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan
This could possibly be the best fantasy book ever. I hope it is.
6. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
Everything I've read about this book suggests that I'll like it, and I wouldn't mind finding out if that's true.
7. Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
I need to know how it all ends.
8. The Secret Life of Wombats by James Woodford
I've wanted to read this ever since I saw it in a bookstore in Mudgee, NSW last year. I love wombats.
9. Here Speeching American: A Very Strange Guide to English as it is Garbled Around the World by Kathryn & Ross Petras
This book must be hilarious. A taste: "Wondering where to eat? Grill and Roast your clients! Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. –slogan of the Hibiscus restaurant in the Jakarta Hilton International"
Which reminds me of a sign I saw on a table at a local cafe: "Reserved for eating customers."
10. The Case Files of Veronica Mars 1 & 2 by Rob Thomas
I love the TV series Veronica Mars, but these books are impossible to find anymore.
What are you dying to read?