Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

I haven't been hopping for a while, so I thought today might be a good day for it (it's The Big Waffle Day!).

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books. Each week she asks a question so that blogger can get to know each other a little bit better. This weekend the question is:

If you could physically put yourself into a book or series ... which one would it be and why?

Oh, that's a tough one! Many of my favourite books are great to read, but I don't think I would want to physically experience them. Like many others I think the Harry Potter series would be wonderful to visit; I would love to see Hogwarts and perhaps practice some magic. Another option is Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, because London Below sounds like a fantastic place to experience. Yet another option is the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith, because I've never been to Africa and a conversation with Mma Ramotswe over a cup of hot bush tea might just make me a little bit wiser. But the book I really want to visit is Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher, because being stuck in a snowstorm in a small town in Scotland during Christmas sounds just perfect.

7 comments:

Howard Sherman said...

Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

Happy Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I tried to become a follower, but I could not get the following device to work. :-(

Here's my blog post for this hop. Hope you will stop by.

Hilde said...

Deb -- Oh no! Maybe there's a problem with Google Friend Connect (bad timing!). Thanks for trying though! :)

Jo said...

I love the book Neverwhere -- and I think it would be cool to experience London Below - even if it's just for a day. :)

pussreboots said...

If I were to pick a Gaiman world to visit, I'd want to go to the other side of the wall (Stardust).

My answer's a little selfish. Come see why. Happy blog hop.

Ms. C said...

Hopping through and now following, too. You have some great book selections for this week's question. I also chose the Potter series :)

Take care & happy reading,
Ms. C
http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

Cozy in Texas said...

Winter Solstice is a good choice.
Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails