Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Month in Books: February

Well, February was short, wasn't it? No sign of spring here yet, but the days are getting longer and the sun is back. I returned to my usual average of three books in January, but two of them were 700 and 500 pages respectively, so in terms of pages read I wasn't that far behind my January count.

Read in February

Links go to my reviews

9) The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – reread, one of the best books I have ever read. Highly recommended for fantasy fans!
10) Heat Wave by Richard Castle
11) The Survivor by Sean Slater

Incoming Books

For review
Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan (NetGalley)

Bought
The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
The Stainless Steel Rat Omnibus by Harry Harrison – this sounds like White Collar in space, so I had to have it
Hard Landing by Stephen Leather (Kindle)

Challenge Progress

First in a Series Challenge – 3/6 (this might be updated to the next level during the year)
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
3. Heat Wave by Richard Castle 

2nds Challenge – 0/3 

Mystery & Suspense Challenge – 3/12
1. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
2. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
3. The Survivor by Sean Slater

Other Posts of Interest

Discussion posts
A Match Made ... On My Bookshelf
The Trouble With Audio Books

Booking Through Thursday
Something Old, Something New

Other
Sound Advice
Patiently Awaiting

I also had a giveaway for Heat Wave by Richard Castle. It only got two entries, which was a little disappointing, but I think the book has found a good home.

Here's to March – bring on spring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails