Monday, August 16, 2010

Musing Mondays (2)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted my MizB over at Should Be Reading.

This week the question is: What books are you wishing for MOST right now?

The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan
I've been drooling over this book since it caught my eye on The Lost Entwife's TBR list (she actually put up her review today, which doesn't make me want it any less). This is the first book of a six-part saga, written as a single epic tale divided into individual episodes.

From the author's website: Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater make a profitable living carrying out dangerous assignments for conspiring nobles until they become the unwitting scapegoats in a plot to murder the king. Sentenced to death, they have only one way out…and so begins this epic tale of treachery and adventure, sword fighting and magic, myth and legend.

Doesn't that sound brilliant? I'm almost afraid of reading it, for fear of it not living up to my now sky-high expectations...

A few others that I'd like to read right now include The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner, The Secret Life of Wombats by Jackie French and Bad Debts by Peter Temple.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I never heard of this book.Here's my Monday Musing

Related Posts with Thumbnails