Friday, February 4, 2011

My Month in Books: January

January was a fantastic reading month for me. I finished 8 books, which is more than double my usual monthly average! I'm not sure why I managed to read so much this month (perhaps because there is not much interesting on TV these days), but I'm glad I did. My personal 2011 challenge of reading 40 books is off to a great start, and if I can keep this up, I will have to update that goal soon. :)

Read in January

Links go to my reviews

1) Slottet i Pyreneene by Jostein Gaarder
2) Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher
3) Flaggermusmannen by Jo Nesbø
4) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
5) Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
6) The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
7) The Greek Symbol Mystery by Carolyn Keene
8) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling 

Incoming Books

January also brought some new books onto my shelves. I participated in The Broke and the Bookish's Secret Santa 2010, and got a belated, but wonderful present from Jana.


She sent me The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner, Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer and Reckless by Cornelia Funke. Thank you so much, Jana! Unfortunately I don't have your email address or blog URL so I can't thank you personally - I just hope you see this!


I also got an ARC of The Survivor by Sean Slater from Simon & Schuster UK through Book Chick City's Mystery & Suspense Challenge 2011. Thank you both!

Speaking of challenges; I have joined 3 challenges for 2011. There are a couple of others I have had my eye on, but I decided that 3 were enough. I don't want any pressure.

Challenge progress

First in a Series Challenge - 2/6 (this might be updated to the next level during the year)
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block

2nds Challenge - 0/3

Mystery & Suspense Challenge - 1/12
1. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block

Other posts of interest

Discussion posts
Reading Impatience
Kindle Cover

Top Ten Tuesday
Books I Resolve To Read
Bookish Resolutions
Inspirational Characters
Books I Wish I'd Read as a Kid

Booking Through Thursday
Firsts

Here's hoping the rest of the year will be as good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails