Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Wish I'd Read as a Kid
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.
This week's topic is
Top Ten Books I Wish I Had Read as a Kid
1. The Harry Potter series. I was 14 when the first book was released, and did not hear about the series for several years afterwards. I am still enjoying them as an adult, but I might have enjoyed them even more back then.
2. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I wish I had seen the movie too.
3. The Wizard of Oz (and the rest of the series). There is a whole series? I did not even know it was a book when I was a kid.
4. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. I just know this would have been a big hit with me in my early teens.
5. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Such a good book deserves an early discovery.
6. Anything by Dr. Seuss. I did not even know about him until recently, but I think I would have loved his books as a kid.
7. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. If I had been Percy's age when I read this, I might not have found the book quite so superficial.
8. The Hardy Boys series. I loved Nancy Drew as a kid, but I never read a Hardy Boys mystery.
9. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. I actually wish someone would have read this aloud to me when I was a child.
10. The Hunger Games trilogy. I have no interest in reading these books now, but 15 years ago I would have devoured them,