Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Resolve To Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is

Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2011

These are books I have been meaning to read for a long time now, but have just never found the right time. I can't promise I will get around to all of them this year, but I will do my best to read at least some of them.

1. Harry Potter 6 & 7 by J.K. Rowling. I must be the last person on earth who has not finished this series yet. Since I have only been reading about one HP book a year for the past 5-6 years I'm wondering if it would be better to start from the beginning again and read them all one after another rather than picking up number 6 and wondering what the heck happened in the first five.
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I know, I know. I have read excerpts in school, watched several movie and TV adaptions and started the book once, so I know the story well, but I have never actually read the whole thing.
3. Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch. I loved the first in the series, The Lies of Locke Lamora, and with the third book hopefully being released in 2011, I think it is about time I read this one.
4. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I started this one 4-5 years ago and read about 300 pages, but things happened and I put it away, fully intending to pick it up again at a later time. Well, I think that later time has come. Only thing is, I will probably have to start from the beginning again because I have forgotten a lot of what I read.
5. Sixty-One Nails by Mike Shevdon. I bought this on a whim when I was in Sydney a year ago, and I figure a book that has travelled with me around half the globe deserves to be read.
6. The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum. I need to read this before I forget everything that happened in The Bourne Identity.
7. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. This has been languishing on my shelf for far too long. And it has got pirates! Why haven't I read it yet??
8. The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnett. I have heard a friend of mine raving about this for years, and I have it sitting on my shelf. Time to see if I agree with her.
9. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. This is one of the books I do not want to leave on my shelf to collect dust, because I'm afraid that if I leave it too long, the urge to read it will fade, and I really do want to read it.
10. The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy by Douglas Adams. I have read the first two or three (I can't even remember that!) books in the five-book "trilogy", but I want to read them all from the beginning.

So what books do you resolve to read this year?

4 comments:

Marce said...

I want to read Bourne Identity, that may be for this year.

My List

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-resolve-to-read-in-2011.html

Anonymous said...

I have read Paranormalcy - it's a fun read.

A lot of bloggers are resolving to read HP, at least you have a head start on the series! I have only seen the movies.

Looks like you are in for a good year of reading. Have fun on your reading adventures!

Joli @ Actin' Up with Books said...

Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice are at the top of my list too! But unlike you I haven't even started the series. Enjoy your books. It will be interesting so see if we have all of the read or any of them read by the end of the year.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You've got some great choices on your list. I second Harry Potter and I second Treasure Island.

Here's my list of books I will read in 2011: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-resolve-to-read-in-2011.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails