Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Series I'd Like To Start


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is

Top Ten Series I Would Like To Start

I tend to start far too many series and never finish them, so what's ten more, eh? ;)

1) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
I really want to watch the TV series Game of Thrones, but I'm weird and won't watch anything based on books until I've read the book first. I own the first book in the series so I should just get reading. But it's long and a bit intimidating and I just finished rereading The Lord of the Rings so I'm afraid I won't be picking up A Game of Thrones just yet. Thinking about it, this is true for many of the series on this list.

2) Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
I've wanted to start this series for years, ever since I almost bought book 6 without realising it was part of a series.

3) All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness
A friend keeps reccommending this to me, and from what I've heard it sounds like it would be right up my alley.

4) Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series by Tess Gerritsen
Another book series I want to read before watching the TV series.

5) Cotton Malone series by Steve Berry
Turns out I've accumulated quite a few books by Steve Berry because they sound like great thrillers, but I've never actually read any of them.

6) Wyatt series by Garry Disher
What can I say, I love con artists. Plus, this one is Australian.

7) Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
With the movie coming out this year I'd love to read this series.

8) Michael St Pierre series by Richard Doetsch
Another thriller series that sounds really good.

9) Courts of the Feyre by Mike Shevdon
I bought the first book when I was in Australia 4 years ago so my copy has travelled half-way across the world - I should read it for that reason alone.

10) Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss
I've heard so many good things about this series and I just really want to read it.

So tell me, which series would you like to read?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails