Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

 
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

I haven't done of these this year for the simple reason that I haven't read many books. That doesn't mean I haven't been reading though - it just means I've read one very long book. This is my books so far this year:

READ LATELY
Inspired by the movie I read The Hobbit in December, and decided to embark on a reread of The Lord of the Rings (in Norwegian) while I was still in the mood. It took me all of January and February to get through it, but I finally finished all 1000+ pages. It may have taken me two months, but it's still a lot quicker than the first time I read it 10 years ago, when I spent nearly one and a half years on it (reading other books in between, of course). I think I enjoyed it more this time around, and it didn't feel nearly as slow as I remembered. I'm happy I took the time to read it again.

After the brick I needed something light so I read The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf by Tia Nevitt (my review), which is a clever retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. On a whim, and because it had been collecting dust in my bookcase for far too long, I also picked up Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones. It's the first book by her I've read but it won't be the last.

CURRENTLY READING
I hardly ever buy a book with the intention of reading it straight away, but I did yesterday with the Kindle edition of Down and Dirty by Christine Bell. I had been struggling with deciding what to read next and I knew this one would be a hot nice and quick read.

WHAT'S NEXT
Like I said I've been having a hard time deciding on a new read since finishing LOTR. It's stupid really; I have hundreds of unread books but I can't find one that interests me enough to pick it up. Perhaps you have any suggestions? I'm looking for something not too heavy that will grab me from the first few pages.

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails