Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

The days are getting longer and lighter now, and in not too many days we will see the sun again. More daylight means a happier and less sleepy Hilde, and hopefully more energy to do other things besides work (like maybe start working out again). It really is amazing what a difference waking up to daylight instead of darkness makes. Bring on the spring!

READ LAST WEEK
I started and finished Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block, the first book about Bernie Rhodenbarr, professional burglar. I enjoyed it, and there should be a review up here soon.

CURRENTLY READING
I'm in the middle of The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner. So far it has been good, but to be frank, nothing much has happened. But I hear it picks up from the half-way point, so I'm looking forward to the second half.

WHAT'S NEXT
Something not written from the first person POV. I prefer third-person narratives, but lately I have read almost only books with a first-person narrator. I need a different point of view, as it were. ;)

What are you up to this week?

2 comments:

TP said...

Love the title "Blurglars Can't Be Choosers" - so funny :-)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh I hear you on the bring on spring! I am starting to get requests to sign up for bike tours again and I am so excited!

Your book looks wonderful - it is one I have wanted to read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails