Thursday, June 23, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Soundtrack

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

This week's question is:

What, if any, kind of music do you listen to when you’re reading? (Given a choice, of course!)

I usually don't listen to music while I read, because I'm easily distracted. If the book is a bit heavy in either content or language, I'm sure to start paying attention to the music instead of the words on the page. Sometimes I like to have some background music on, but it has to be something "light" (hard rock won't work!) or maybe instrumental (film soundtracks for instance). Songs that I don't know that well are good, because then I don't start singing along. :) And the lyrics have to be in the same language as the book I'm reading. Try reading in English while listening to a song in another language you know. Very confusing.

Usually it's just better to skip the music and get lost in the book. :)

Do you listen to music while reading?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Great answer, but sadly I am opposite though. :)

Anonymous said...

Check out my BTT comment:
http://btt2.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/soundtrack/#comment-21381

There is a link to a site where I get my music, you can get a lot of good instrumentals there, which sounds like what you would be looking for.

Sometimes you just need something in the background which doesn't even consciously register.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yes, background music has to melt into the background for me...

Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

Jo K said...

I usually don't listen to music while reading. Here is my BTT.

Grace at Feeding My Book Addiction said...

I can tune anything out so I don't bother listening to music.

Here's mine:

Double Feature - Booking Through Thursday and Theme Thursday

Related Posts with Thumbnails