Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

 
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

This Monday post will be very short, as I have practically nothing to report. I hardly read anything at all last week; not because I didn't have time, but I just didn't feel like picking up a book at all. After finishing my last read I went for three days without so much as looking at my shelf, and I haven't gone that long without reading at least a few pages for years now. I finally picked up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in the hopes that its magic might make me want to read again, but even that has been slow going. And it's not just books; I've been feeling rather indifferent towards everything from watching TV to blogging to cooking dinner the past week. I don't think there is a specific reason, but I'm starting to wonder if it's time to take a step back and figure out where I'm going with everything, because at the moment I just seem to be stuck. 

Have you felt like this? What did you do to get out of the rut? Can you recommend any good books that might help? Maybe something funny or unique?

3 comments:

RAnn said...

Sometimes it is time to leave the books alone for a while, particularly the "have to" books--but that's hard when the TBR stack grows

Maggie said...

hey I know the feeling.. whetever I feel not-so-happy I'm watching my cheer up movie "Leap Year"( Amy Adams, Matthew Goode). It's a bit naive, romantic comedie, nut I love it. Oh there's also "Back-up Plan"(Jennifer Lopez, Alex O'Loughlin), another romanatic movie. And for what is worth, it will be better;)

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I know exactly how you are feeling. As a librarian I feel guilty if I am not reading something that I can eventually recommend to my patrons but sometimes the muse just leaves me and all I want to do is watch TV. This month I was so distracted by my husbands cancer surgery and the end of the school year that I practically put reading completely aside. But I'm back and feel up to the challenge of a new book. Harry Potter was a good choice...easy to pick up and get involved in the sotryline.

Related Posts with Thumbnails