Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Month in Books - May

As I'm writing this on 4 June, it is 6 degrees Celcius outside and all but snowing (actually, it looks like it has been snowing in the mountains). Not fair.

May was a busy month for me, and between having a friend staying for a while and my trip to Scotland I didn't get much reading done. But that's okay – I've still read more books than this time last year and I'm still ahead of my 45 books in 2011 challenge. I will be staying home all summer except for 3 days in June when I go to Oslo to see Bon Jovi in concert (wheee!!), so I should have plenty of time to sit in the sun and read. Or more likely sit inside in the rain and read.

Read in May

Links go to my reviews

20) Serenity: Better Days by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, Will Conrad – my first graphic novel. I love Firefly.
21) Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory
22) Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz – love this series!

I also posted my review of The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell.

Incoming Books

I wonder how long I can keep up this 3:1 ratio when it comes to incoming/read books before it has to come to a screeching halt.

For review
The Devil Colony by James Rollins (NetGalley/HarperCollins)

RAKs
The Devil's Pitchfork by Mark Terry (thank you EmmaD!)
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory (thank you Stella from Ex Libris!)

Bought
Sun Signs by Linda Goodman (free Kindle book)
Royal Wisdom by Kate Petrella (free Kindle book)
Stuff to Die For by Don Burns
The Lost Relic by Scott Mariani
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Serenity: Those Left Behind by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, Will Conrad

Challenge Progress

First in a Series Challenge – 6/6 – Will upgrade to next level!
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
3. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
5. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
6. Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory

2nds Challenge – 2/3 
1. Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
2. Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

Mystery & Suspense Challenge – 5/12
1. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
2. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
3. The Survivor by Sean Slater
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
5. Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz 

Other Posts of Interest

30 Day Book Challenge
Intro post
Day 1 – Best book you read last year
Day 2 – A book you've read more than 3 times
Day 3 – Your favourite series

So how was your May?

1 comment:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I'm impressed that you know your ratio of books read to books bought. I'd be scared to learn mine, though! =P

Linda Goodman's Sun Signs is a book I found very helpful and insightful. Some parts of it might seem a bit dated now, but I'm sure it will still be good to read. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails