Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

 
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

Warning: Gushing about Bon Jovi concert ahead. Feel free to skip straight to the book talk further down the page. :)

Source: Puls
So last Wednesday I went to see Bon Jovi live in Oslo, and wow, was that something to remember. The show was amazing; the guys were in their best form and gave us a helluva performance that lasted nearly 3 hours. Such a great live band! They played mostly older stuff, including some gems like Wild is the Wind. The whole thing ended with 30,000 people standing up and singing Livin' on a Prayer a cappella - goosebump moment. Unfortunately I was at the far end of the stadium and had to rely on the big screens to see what was going on, so there was no point in taking pictures. Instead I spent all weekend making a playlist of all the best videos posted on YouTube so I can re-live the moment whenever I want to (in the remote event anyone is interested, you can find it here).

Now onto the books!

FINISHED LAST WEEK
I read a Sigma Force short story, The Skeleton Key by James Rollins, on the plane ride to Oslo. I also finished A Scottish Ferry Tale by Nancy Volkers, which was an exceptionally good romance novel set mostly in lovely Scotland. Highly recommended (review coming soon)!

Reviews posted: Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer

CURRENTLY READING
Nothing! I haven't even looked at a book since I finished A Scottish Ferry Tale on Saturday. I'm not sure why, maybe I simply need a break from reading. It happens, I guess. Or I just haven't found the right book (which is a laugh, since I have at least 200 unread books in my house, including the ones on my Kindle). Either way, I just don't feel like reading right now. Hopefully it will pass soon!

WHAT'S NEXT
Good question. I have a couple of review books I need to read soon, but right now I can't think of something to read right now, let alone what comes next.

Do you ever feel like this?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, I feel like that quite often. When it happens I veg out to some of my favourite DVDs and then I am ready to read.
My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-44.html

Marce said...

Sounds like you are overwhelmed in the reading dept. You need to choose your next read, whatever the mood chooses and hopefully that helps or go with a favourite author.

My Post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-are-you-reading.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails