Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I couldn't help myself, I just had to make one more change to my blog. I have long been aware that "Hilde's Books" isn't exactly what you'd call a creative name for a blog, but when I started it, my goal was simply to keep track of what books I read. I did about one post a month and had no readers, so the name didn't really matter. Well, that has certainly changed since I started blogging "for real" a month ago. I now have followers (thank you!) and I want to make this blog interesting to existing as well as potential readers. I felt an essential part of this was to give my blog a proper name. So goodbye generic, boring name - hello slightly more fun, creative name (insert fanfare here):

The Turn of the Page

I chose this name for three reasons:
1) This quote: "The road to knowledge begins with the turn of the page" (anonymous).
2) It fits the blog theme and my banner image.
3) I don't think any other blogs are called the same (if you know of any, please let me know).

This will be the last major change to this blog for a while, I promise. I'll leave you to your reading now.

2 comments:

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I love the new name you have chosen for your blog, Hilde. I also love the quote by anonymous, it is very true.

Hilde said...

Thank you, Ladybug! I'm glad you like the new name - I wasn't sure whether I should change the name or not, but now that I've gotten used to it, I'm happy I did.

Related Posts with Thumbnails