Thursday, July 29, 2010

Facepalm

I don't believe it. Ten days after I ordered my Kindle, Amazon announces their new, third-generation Kindle. It's "smaller, lighter, faster with 50 % better contrast", looks more elegant and comes in graphite as well as black. Now they tell me! If I had only waited ten more days before ordering... Just my luck.

Oh well, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I'm sure I will love my second-generation Kindle once I start using it (I've been so busy the past few days I haven't really had a chance to try it out yet). It was just ... really lousy timing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's technology, if you want / need something you just need to go with a version knowing full well that in 10 days or 6 months something better would come along.

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Hilde said...

Six months I can live with. Ten days ... just a little bit annoying. ;)

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I know! I was a little bit annoyed at that too, I wish they would have kind of a warning there saying that the new generation was available for pre-ordering if one would rather wait 10 days. But I really like my new Kindle so maybe some other time and a even newer version ;)

Hilde said...

I suppose we should be grateful they didn't introduce touch screen or any other major changes with the Kindle 3. Now that would have been a real bummer.

Stacy at The Novel Life said...

I was going to research and see if there's any kind of trade-up program...now wouldn't that be cool?!? I DO, however, LOVE my Kindle deux!!! Perfect for travel, long lines and reading in the car!!! (shhh, i didn't admit the last one!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails