Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Top Ten Picks: Literary Crushes


I recently came across the fun weekly meme Top Ten Picks over at Random Ramblings, and even though this week's topic is your favourite books to movies, I just had to do this one instead.

My literary crushes (in no particular order):

1. Aragorn from Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Aragorn is the ultimate hero for me. He's strong, corageous, mysterious, loyal and ruggedly handsome. Big plus for the ability to use a sword.

2. Dirk Pitt from the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler
He's sexy, he's witty, he's clever and he saves the world on a regular basis. I rest my case.

3. Locke Lamora from the Gentleman Bastard sequence by Scott Lynch
Locke is a very interesting character who gets by on his wits and skills rather than strength. He's a charming con artist who is fiercely loyal to his friends and can talk his way out of any situation. Well, almost any.

4. Joe Morelli from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
Although I can see why Ranger is such a popular guy, it's always been Morelli for me. He's hot, he's got a steady job and he cares about his family. Did I mention he's hot?

5. Sam Howard from Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher
I'll admit that this might have something to do with me watching the movie first, in which the lovely Jason Durr plays Sam, but Sam is cute, intelligent and a genuinely nice guy.

6. Ned Nickerson from the Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
I wanted to be Nancy Drew when I was young, so naturally I had a crush on her boyfriend, Ned Nickerson. He is totally devoted to Nancy, always lets her shine but comes to her rescue whenever she needs it. Yes, he might be just a little bit boring, but he is the best-looking guy in River Heights.

7. Dustfinger from the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke
Dustfinger is a wonderfully complex and well-developed character. He possesses the magical ability of talking to fire, and he is constantly torn between looking out for himself and doing the right thing.

8. Robin Hood from the series by John O. Ericsson
I love the legend of Robin Hood, and of all the variations I've come across, Ericsson's depiction of a bold, funny, kind and sometimes childish Robin Hood is my favourite (except, perhaps, for Disney's animated fox, but let's not go there...)

Okay, so I was only able to come up with eight at the moment. That doesn't mean I don't have two more crushes, it only means I have a terrible memory. Just give me some time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! Sounds like a fun meme! Nice choices ;-)

Rebecca Chapman said...

I would definitely jump Aragormn if given the chance!

Related Posts with Thumbnails