Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (21)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

I feel like I have been on a roll lately, largely thanks to the Holiday Reading Challenge. Holiday books are usually rather short, so they do wonders for my count. And they are (usually) sweet and cosy, so it's easy to pick them up and read.

READ LAST WEEK
I finished Incarceron by Catherine Fisher, and liked it so much that I have already ordered the sequel, Sapphique. I thought it was entertaining; perhaps a bit predictable in places, but overall very enjoyable.
I also read Christmas in Harmony by Philip Gulley for the challenge (read my review). I love the Harmony series, and this was a re-read for me. It is short, only 81 pages, so it is perfect for a wintry afternoon.

CURRENTLY READING
I actually have four books going right now. I don't think I have ever read that many at one time before.
Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher. I love this book. I really, really do.
Julemysteriet (The Christmas Mystery) by Jostein Gaarder. This is my advent book where I read one chapter a day until Christmas Eve.
Christmas at the Mysterious Bookshop edited by Otto Penzler. This is an anthology of short stories by famous mystery writers such as Mary Higgins Clark, Ed McBain and Lawrence Block. I read one or two stories a day.
The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore. I started this yesterday, and it seems like a refreshing change from the usual sweet and cheery Christmas books (not that I don't love them – I do, that is why I read them – but I have realised that I need something different in between). 

WHAT'S NEXT
I have no idea. I will probably be reading Winter Solstice for a while, so I don't know if I will be starting anything new this week. I think I should concentrate on finishing the four I'm working on (it stresses me out a little just thinking about it – that is why I usually only read one book at a time).

In other news we have had a huge snowfall here the past couple of days, and it is still snowing. I spent half an hour trying to dig my poor car out of a pile of snow this morning so I could go to work. I know I wished for snow for Christmas, but this is bordering on ridiculous.

On a side note, I have decided I am going to hold my first giveaway as soon as I reach 50 followers (only 1 more to go – could it happen today?), so stay tuned!

What are you up to this week?

3 comments:

heather said...

I love Christopher Moore's books.

Jan von Harz said...

I think I need to get Winter Solstice, since I was born on this day many years ago. You are the second blogger I visited to day who is reading it and enjoying it. Have a great week.

Audra said...

I've seen many people reading Incarceron but haven't seen many reviews. Looks interesting -- and it's good you're getting the sequel -- that bodes well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails