Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday - Favourite Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is

Top Ten Favourite Authors

I started this post thinking this would be an easy list to make, but it turned out to be quite difficult after all. Do I include authors whose books I've only read one of, but loved? Authors whose books I've read several of and like, but not enough to include on my fav books list? Norwegian authors who are only known in Norway? I finally ended up including all of the above, so here are my top ten favourite authors (in no particular order):

1. Neil Gaiman
2. Rosamunde Pilcher
3. Jostein Gaarder
4. Tamara McKinley
5. Clive Cussler
6. Cornelia Funke
7. Tormod Haugen
8. J.R.R. Tolkien
9. Scott Lynch
10. Ingrid Bjørnov (okay, so she's not primarily an author, but I love her writing)

Who are your favourite authors?

5 comments:

Audra said...

Fabulous list -- very diverse. Clive Cussler is a guilty pleasure of mine -- there was a point when I had read -- and owned -- every single Dirk Pitt novel ever printed. But since Cussler started cowriting his books, I've been less interested!

Hilde said...

I bought a Dirk Pitt novel quite by chance eight years ago and fell in love with the guy. I own almost all of the Pitt books except for the last few. The twins ruined it for me. Have you read any of the NUMA Files or Oregon Files? I've stuck to Pitt so far, but I might have to check them out once I run out of Pitt adventures...

Audra said...

I haven't deviated from Dirk Pitt -- so if you do pick up the other Cusslers, I'd be very interested in your thoughts!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I confess I haven't read many of your list authors but I do love Neil Gaiman. I laugh even thinking about his book Anansai Boys.

ibeeeg said...

I am only familiar with Gaiman and Tolkien. I have not read LOTR, but have been meaning to do so...must get on that.

You asked some great questions about how to choose favorites, glad to see that you include little bit of all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails