Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday - Fictional Crushes


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is
 
Top Ten Fictional Crushes

I actually did a list like this a while ago, but I never miss an opportunity to talk about my favourite fictional men. So here are my fictional crushes (in no particular order):

1. Aragorn from Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Aragorn is the ultimate hero for me. He's strong, corageous, mysterious, loyal and ruggedly handsome. Big plus for the ability to use a sword.

2. Dirk Pitt from the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler
He's sexy, he's witty, he's clever and he saves the world on a regular basis. I rest my case.

3. Locke Lamora from the Gentleman Bastard sequence by Scott Lynch
Locke is a very interesting character who gets by on his wits and skills rather than strength. He's a charming con artist who is fiercely loyal to his friends and can talk his way out of any situation. Well, almost any.

4. Joe Morelli from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
Although I can see why Ranger is such a popular guy, it's always been Morelli for me. He's hot, he's got a steady job, he's hot, he's got a house and a dog, he's hot and he cares about his family. Did I mention he's hot?

5. Sam Howard from Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher
I'll admit that this might have something to do with me watching the movie first, in which the lovely Jason Durr plays Sam, but Sam is cute, intelligent and a genuinely nice guy.

6. Ned Nickerson from the Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
I wanted to be Nancy Drew when I was young, so naturally I had a crush on her boyfriend, Ned Nickerson. He is totally devoted to Nancy, always lets her shine but comes to her rescue whenever she needs it. Yes, he might be just a little bit boring, but he is the best-looking guy in River Heights. (On the other hand, as I get older I find myself more and more attracted to Mr. Carson Drew instead of Ned, but that's for another list...)

7. Dustfinger from the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke
Dustfinger is a wonderfully complex and well-developed character. He possesses the magical ability of talking to fire, and he is constantly torn between looking out for himself and doing the right thing.

8. Robin Hood from the series by John O. Ericsson
I love the legend of Robin Hood, and of all the variations I've come across, Ericsson's depiction of a bold, funny, kind and sometimes childish Robin Hood is my favourite (except, perhaps, for Disney's animated fox, but let's not go there...)

9. Enjolras from Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
I have to admit that my impression of Enjolras is mostly from the musical and not the novel, because it's been years since I read the book but I've seen the musical at least three times in the past few years. I know Marius is supposed to be the young hero, but I've always found him boring to be frank. While Marius is pining over Cosette, Enjolras is the one fighting - and dying - for what he believes in.

And since the topic says "fictional" and not "literary", and I can't really come up with one more from books, I'm including my current television crush:

10. Neal Caffrey from White Collar (USA Network)
A con artist turned FBI informant, Neal is utterly charming and extremely smart with a million-dollar smile. He knows all there is to know about white collar crimes, mostly because he's (allegedly) tried them all. Neal is the classic gentleman thief (including the fedora and vintage suits) who despite working with the FBI still has an agenda of his own.

Can't wait to see your fictional crushes!

13 comments:

Straylights said...

My crush on Aragorn pretty much tripled when the movie came out. Viggo was so perfect for that role!

Daisy said...

Yay for Aragorn! I love men with swords as well..
And I even loved Robin Hood as a fox in the Disney version (a bit disturbing, I know).

Irene Palfy said...

Count me in for Aragorn!! ;")

Anonymous said...

Argh! I forgot about Locke! He is swoon worthy.

Ali @ Vorvolaka

Red said...

I was a fan of Aargorn but because of the movies, not the book. I couldn't get into the books.

I'm not familiar with most of the other characters on your list. More books I should check out

La Coccinelle said...

Gosh... I'm not familiar with most of these guys!

danya said...

Don't know most of the guys on this list but will certainly agree that Aragorn is totally awesome!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I should have put Joe Morelli and Ranger on my list, too. Both those guys are hot! Good list.
-Anne
http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love Aragorn, Viggo was just amazing.

Although I'm a Ranger girl myself, I always really enjoy Joe in the books and...I wouldn't say no ;)

Jen said...

I've only seen the Disney version of Robin Hood (never read the book either).
I completely agree with Neal Caffrey. He's pretty cute.

Thanks so much for participating in this week's topic! :)

Kayla + Cyna said...

Hahaha, cheater! I was thinking about exploiting the 'fictional' loophole, too (I don't think there's any character I crush on more on this earth than Dean Winchester), but couldn't do it. Don't blame you for Neal, though. He's quite hot. I love his style. The '40's Rat Pack thing really works for him, and it's such a unique angle. ADMIRE.

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I haven't decided between Joe and Ranger yet...I'm a new Stephanie Plum reader so I'm sure I'll form an opinion at some point. Right now I just think Stephanie should be able to have both! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Aragorn and Ned! Locke Lamora is still in my to-read-pile.

Related Posts with Thumbnails