Friday, November 12, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

This weekend I'm doing my very first Book Blogger Hop!

If you've found your way here from the hop, welcome! I'm a Norwegian book lover with pretty eclectic reading tastes, which is reflected by my little blog.

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books. Each week she asks a question so that blogger can get to know each other a little bit better. This week she asks:

If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?

Yes, I always start with the first book provided I can get hold of it (and I've been known to keep searching for a long time if it's a series I really want to read). Sometimes I've started with a later book, either because I didn't know it was part of a series or the order didn't matter much (like with Nancy Drew – try reading those in order!). When I was younger I didn't care that much about reading series in order, unless the next book was a direct continuation of the previous. But as I've gotten older, I've also gotten stranger habits, and now I insist on starting with the first book. This is why books like The Right Attitude to Rain by Alexander McCall Smith (Isabel Dalhousie #3) will stay on my shelf until I can find the first two books.

15 comments:

Susan said...

So glad to have found you via the Hop! It's such a fun event.

I ALWAYS read books in a series in order. I can't stand the thought of missing something important!

Unknown said...

I try to read books in order but it doesn't always work out that way. Glad to see you joined the hop!

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

Welcome to the hop! I am a new follower!! You can find me here: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/ ;) I too try to start with book one when my tiny book budget allows lol

Ashley said...

Returning the hop! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just hopping by. I used to avoid starting series because I always got frustrated if I couldn't find the rest at the library, but I am a bit more relaxed about it now.


shelleyrae @ www.bookdout.wordpress.com

Emma Michaels said...

I am a follower! Happy Follow Friday and Blog Hop!!!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
Emma_Michaels@hotmail.com
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Hannah Mariska said...

welcome to the hop!!

Heather @ Love Life and Reading said...

hello fellow blogger! im a new follower to your page and wanted to drop some *love* and say nice blog you got here.. i just started a blog myself and would love if you could return the favor and follow :) happy blogging!

pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hopping by to visit and follow! You're right--there were so many kids series like Nancy Drew that were more like episodes and didn't really bother too much with chronology. I used to like the Saddle Club girls books, and there were about 200 of those, all with different continuities. :-) These days, I mostly start at book one, too.

Unknown said...

Hi Hilde! I start from book one too :D
I'm a new follower hopping in from the Blog Hop, please stop by and follow back!!

Hafsah @ IceyBooks

Anonymous said...

Hia hope you're enjoying your first hop :)

I like to read the books in order too, although I've sometimes accidentally read books out of order.

Elizabeth said...

Back for a visit...

....still love your title and header.

...happy hopping this weekend.

Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer to this week's question.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Hilde said...

Everyone, thanks for stopping by and helping to make my first Hop so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

So glad you enjoyed the hop...glad you could join us.

Elizabeth said...

Stopping back for this week's hop. Hope you enjoyed it last week.


Stop by my blog if you like.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails