Thursday, November 18, 2010

Booking Through Thursday - Borrowing

 Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

This week's question is: 

Who would you rather borrow from? Your library? Or a friend? (Or don't your friends trust you to return their books?) And, do you return books you borrow?

Actually I hardly ever borrow books. I don't have any friends who like to read nearby, so if I borrow from anyone it's usually my mother. I used to go to the library a lot when I was in school, but then I started buying books myself. I also became a member of BookCrossing and suddenly people started sending me books with no strings attached (I have a double-stacked shelf with nothing but BC books). I feel like I should read the books I have at home before borrowing from others. I also don't like reading Norwegian translations of books written in English, so whenever I borrow from my local library it's only books by Norwegian authors (which I don't read much of to begin with). I love my library and the librarian is a god friend of mine (not to mention it's located very close to my house), so I really should go there more often. I always return books I've borrowed, though perhaps not always in a timely manner...

1 comment:

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

We use the library a lot, I have a son who loves to visit the library and I want to support their work as well.

I'm not all that fond of translations either but I do read them every once in a while(last time was for a book tour), but I've actually borrowed a few audiobooks at the library now and some of them are translated into Norwegian.

If I borrow books from other people it is usually always from my mother or younger sister(she and I share a love of YA novels). And I do not return them in a timely manner.. but I return them if I've read them or if the ask for it(that goes for all three of us).

Related Posts with Thumbnails