Friday, November 19, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

Are you sure it is Friday again? But it was Monday yesterday, wasn't it? Only just over a week until Advent Sunday, and I have the feeling I won't have enough time to everything I wanted to do before Christmas. For instance I wanted to start baking cookies this weekend, but it looks like I will have to work all day tomorrow and possibly Sunday as well. Oh well, at least I will have money to buy Christmas presents for (that would be Christmas presents for other people, not books for myself... At least not that many books for myself). ;)

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books. Each week she asks a question so that blogger can get to know each other a little bit better. This week she says:

Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this week's Hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!

Being Norwegian I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, though I wish we did, because it sounds wonderful. Food and family, what more could you want? I also like the idea of taking a moment to reflect on the things you are thankful for. We don't do that often enough.

I am thankful for my parents; that they are healthy and happy despite nearing 65. I am thankful that I am healthy and happy despite feeling lonely sometimes. I am thankful I have a nice flat and a cute car and a good job, even though I sometimes complain about the housework and the gas prices and the boring projects. I am thankful I live in a peaceful country and a small town that feels like home, even though it is cold and wet and includes nosy people. I am thankful I have the means to travel to other places, even though I always get homesick. I am thankful I can go home. I am thankful for the midnight sun and the northern lights; the clean air; the ocean and the sky. I am thankful for books and movies and music. I am thankful for good food and drinks. I am thankful for chocolate (and ice cream). I am thankful I have good friends in many different places. I am thankful for all of this and so much more, but most of all I am thankful I have someone I love and someone who loves me.

3 comments:

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Thanks for stopping by and following. We’re glad we can make someone laugh. By the way, the slogan on your picture is brilliant! I think it’s going to be our new life motto!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm a new follower. Do you have any holidays in Norway that are big feast days other than Christmas and Easter? What do you traditionally eat on days like Christmas and Easter?
My Hop

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

It sounds as if you appreciate your life and the people in it. What you wrote above was quite lovely.
I am going to follow as soon as I finish here. I think there are nosy neighbors everywhere. At least you know someone is watching out for you.
Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

Related Posts with Thumbnails