Sunday, November 21, 2010

In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren in which we share what books we have received in the mail, bought, borrowed or otherwise acquired during the week.

I haven't done an IMM post for a while, because I've been good and not bought any books (until this week that is – next Sunday might see a huge IMM post!). But I have received a few e-books in the past few weeks, two of which I've already read. This is quite out of character for me, because I normally buy lots of books and then never get around to reading them. It seems like I read e-books faster than paper books. Not sure why that is, but I'm a slow reader compared to many of you, so if that is the case, then it's a good thing! Anyway, on with the books:

From NetGalley:

The Sevenfold Spell by Tia Nevitt (review)
'Twas the Night by Sandra Hill, Kate Holmes & Trish Jensen (review)

The Goddess of Fried Okra by Jean Brashear
Award-winning romance author Brashear (currently sharing an anthology spotlight with NYT bestseller Robyn Carr in MIDNIGHT KISS) turns to women's fiction with this warm, wise, quirky, romantic novel about a young woman on a Texas roadtrip to reconnect with the spirit of her dead sister. Toss in some swordplay, fried okra, a kitten, a pregnant teen and a handsome con man. (NetGalley)

I'm really looking forward to reading this one, it sounds like a great book. And isn't that cover gorgeous? I might have to get the print version just to have that cover.

So what have you gotten in your mailbox lately?

3 comments:

Miss Page-Turner said...

Never heard of this novel, but the title sounds kinda funny:D Hope you enjoy your new book and have a nice sunday:)
Here is my Mailbox

And don't forget to check out my giveaway, ending on Nov 30th and open internationally, here!

Miss Sigh...anide in the Word Emporium said...

It's funny that you read ebooks more quickly, as they seem to slow my reading down :S. Then again, we are two different people, which may account for that :).
Happy reading

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Looks like it will be a good book. I hope you enjoy it!

Happy Reading,
Zakiya - My IMM this week

Dont miss my new meme!

Related Posts with Thumbnails