Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (16)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

Last week was another bad week for me reading-wise. I spent most of my time at work translating a huge project, and when I did go home for the night my eyes were so sore from staring at a computer screen all day I didn't feel like straining them any more by reading. There was one day they felt so dry that all I could do for the entire evening was lie on the couch with my eyes closed and listen to music. I still have quite a lot of work to do this week, but I'm determined not to let it go that far again. Not good for the mind or the body!

I had a great weekend though. I spent three days in Oslo with one of my best friends; shopping, eating out and seeing the British version of Mamma Mia! on stage. I love that musical, it always makes me so happy. I did get some reading done on the plane, so I'm about one-third into Bad Debts by Peter Temple. It's an Australian mystery novel set in Melbourne, with a lot of Aussie slang thrown in. Good thing I've spent some time in Australia, otherwise I think I would have had a hard time deciphering some of the conversations (Having a copy of Wordbook of Australian Idioms: Aussie Slang - No worries! She's Apples! helps too).

So to sum up: Nothing finished, nothing started and nothing decided. :)

What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I've not read any of this author's books, but I love the book cover. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Anonymous said...

I am reading Trophy Bride

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have been having those days too - by the time everything else is done I am too tired to concentrate on a book :) Have a good week :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails