Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday - Fictional BFFs


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is

Top Ten Characters I'd Like to be Best Friends With

Whew, this one was hard! There are so many great literary characters that I admire, but that doesn't necessarily mean I would want to spend time with them in real life. I could only think of 6 this time (but if you add them all up, I guess I have at least 14 individual characters). Come back and ask me about television characters, and I will be able to give you a much longer list! But for now, these are the literary characters I would like to have as best friends.

1. Nancy Drew,  George Fayne & Bess Marvin (Nancy Drew Mysteries by Carolyn Keene). Who wouldn't want to be friends with these girls? I would love to tag along with them to exotic places and solve mysteries.

2. Merry & Pippin (Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien). I think this entire list could have been compiled of characters from LOTR (Gandalf, Aragorn, Éowyn, Gimli, Sam...), but I think these two would be great BFFs. They have a positive outlook on life, they like having fun and they appreciate good food and drink.

3. Stephanie Plum (Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich). I would never have a dull moment hanging with Stephanie Plum. I'm sure that whether we were ducking bullets, trying to apprehend an FTA or drooling over Ranger and/or Morelli, we would have lots of fun. And if she could just make up her mind about who of the two hunks she wanted, I could have the other one.

4. Dirk Pitt & Al Giordino (Dirk Pitt Adventures by Clive Cussler). This dynamic duo saves the world on a regular basis and have fun doing it. I wish I could join them on their adventures.

5. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling). Sure, Hermoine would make a great friend, but there's something about Luna. She is true to herself no matter what other people think about her. She may be a little weird, but then so am I.

6. The cast of Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher. I can't pick just one or two people from this book – I want to be friends with them all! Elfrida, Oscar, Sam, Carrie, Lucy; they are all such sweet and caring characters and I wish they were real so I could be with them all the time.

ETA: I just thought of another one!

7. Izzy Spellman (The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz). Izzy is clever, sarcastic and slightly wacko and not afraid to stand up for herself or anyone she thinks deserves it. She is definitely someone I would want on my side.

Which characters would you like to have as best friends?

5 comments:

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Finally, someone who has an appreciation for Dirk and AL! Merry and Pip are great choices too.

Stephen said...

I wondered if anyone would think of Luna. I just re-watched Order of the Phoenix last night. She's such a unique character!

Eileen said...

I couldn't decide on an LOTR character! You're right: there are great choices all around there.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I completely forgot to add any Harry Potter characters but if I did I would want Luna Lovegard on my list, too.
-Anne
Headfullofbooks

Sugar and Snark said...

Great List! New follower :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails